Almost all Droidcon events have been cancelled for 2020 due to COVID-19 and the measures the various countries have taken to battle the outbreak. To be able to continue learning in the Android field, the organizers of Droidcon have set up Droidcon Online.
Through droidcon Online, a new virtual community event series, we intend to keep on doing what we do best, which is creating a safe and fun space for the community to interact and exchange ideas and information.online.droidcon.com
There are four topics and each will be covered extensively in a series of online talks (roughly) every other week.
- Jetpack series
- Multi-platform series
- Advanced Kotlin series
- Hands-on & in-depth series
Videos of the talks will be published after they have been presented. Below is a link to each VOD.
Jetpack Series – Part 1 of 3
Advanced Kotlin Series – Part 1 of 3
- Refactoring Legacy Code With Kotlin
- Kotlin scope and extension functions
- Dissecting the Inline Keyword in Kotlin
Multi Platform Series – Part 1 of 3
Advanced Kotlin Series – Part 2 of 3
Jetpack Series – Part 2 of 3
- Navigation and the Single Activity: Learnings from a Skeptic
- WorkManager: Clever Delegate for Deferrable Background Tasks
Hands-On & In-Depth Series – Part 1 of 4
- Not Just Another Modularization Talk: Scaling your Android Build with Gradle
- Q&A and Panel Discussion
Hands-On & In-Depth Series – Part 2 of 4
- Become a Pro in Android Studio
- Crash-Reporting for Large Android Teams
Multiplatform Series – Part 2 of 2
- Painless Flutter Embedding in Your Existing App
- Effective App Architecture and State Management in Flutter
Hand-on/In-depth Series – Part 3 of 6
Jetpack Series – Part 3 of 3
- Secure your app’s data with JetSec
- LiveData, Coroutines, and Flow. How we live for over two years without RxJava.
- Video of both talks combined.
Advanced Kotlin Series – Part 3 of 3